Health & Safety Audit Tool
An innovative, highly intuitive audit tool, designed to enable the real time auditing, monitoring and reporting of compliance of all the Health and Safety standards carried out within all clinical areas throughout a healthcare organisation.
Traditionally, clinical areas are required to carry health and safety checks on a variety of aspects within their clinical and non-clinical environments, whether they are environmental checks, equipment checks, risk assessment checks, COSHH, quality assurance checks or staff training checks. Historically, these checks have been recorded on paper and clipboard, making it very difficult for organisations to monitor compliance across the organisation or the ability to pick up concerning trends and breaches in Health and Safety laws. Also, organisations have been challenged when required to produce evidence of their compliance, due to a significant amount of paperwork which needs to be generated into a report.
The Synbiotix Health and Safety Audit module enables any existing Health and Safety checks within an organisation that are carried out, to now be tracked, audited, reported on and stored in an automated electronic system. This enables the organisation to visualise performance at the touch of a button.
Features of the system include:
- Checklists are designed, bespoke to the organisational needs and standards
- Unlimited number of checks handled by the module
- Reporting periods, thresholdsfor compliance and reporting dashboard format is also configurable according to the organisational requirements
- Data capture within each clinical area is entered into the web-based system through a series of simple, easy-to-use data capture forms, which enables fast effective and consistent processes for the audit method.
- Data immediately and automatically analysed and published onto the dashboard for the clinical area and uploaded into the organisational dashboard, providing immediate, real time visibility of performance results
- Drill down capability from organisational dashboard to source data, from clinical areas
- Action planning capability for all partial and non-compliant responses
- Summarised view of all actions and action plans across the organisation
- Performance management view of areas of non-submission of audits
- Email alert and prompt notification capability
- Full audit trail of activity associated with data entry and action plans
- Action planning timetable and summary view of all outstanding actions
- Ability to set evidence requirements for clinical areas and attach policies, protocols and guidelines
- Ability to add free text comments and notes within the system
- Web-based electronic systemenables easy deployment across the organisation. No need to install on separate PC’s. System will operate n standards desktops, laptop computers, portable hand held devices and mobile PC tablets or tough books
- Can be used ‘Offline’, supporting any clinical area which does not have network access
- User-friendly, fast, efficient and effective system, enabling organisations to capture and collect all checklist audit data and evidence of action planning required for Health and Safety Executive Inspections, NHS Litigation Standards Authority evidence and Care Quality Commission registration requirements
- Time saving data capture and automated results publication processes, releasing time for clinical staff to provide direct patient care and clinical audit/governance staff to focus on disseminating / sharing best practice
- Provision of Reports for Clinical Audit Committees, organisational Clinical Governance and Assurance Committees, Health and Safety Committees and Organisational Board reports
- Enables improved performance management of organisational challenges
- Provision of compliance reports and evidence for performance against national mandatory requirements, PEAT Assessment and Care Quality Commission requirements
- Full training, user manuals and support from ward to Board provided
- System updates and upgrades supplied at free of charge
- Clinical advice and support for new organisational requirements provided